Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Referral!

Finally! The day we've been waiting for is here! Our agency, America World called this afternoon to tell us that we have a beautiful, 13 month old little boy (and he is beautiful! I'm telling you, you could get lost in those big, brown eyes.) He is gorgeous! I'm really at a loss for words right now, and wish I could just show you a picture. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to post pictures on public forums (like blogs) until he's legally ours.

Along this whole road, I've seen God's hand move in tremendous ways, but I've also experienced incredible worries and doubts. When we very first started adopting, Asia, our oldest daughter who is 4, told us, very emphatically that her baby brother's name was Moses. So you can imagine my surprise when Terra, our coordinator, told me that they had a precious little boy for our family, and ... you guessed it ... his name is Moses! I cannot doubt the hand of God! He knew all along the perfect child for our family! We're not sure right now if we'll keep Moses as his first name, but it will definitely be in there somewhere.

Now we wait for a court hearing to legally make us his parents. We so appreciate your prayers as we get closer and closer to bringing Moses home.

8 comments:

  1. Hurray! I was so excited when Justin told us the news. He also showed us the picture, and you're right -- he's so adorable! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Finally we can all saw CONGRATULATIONS!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. going crazy for you all! BTW, if you're willing to email pictures to individuals, my email is adriannevthompson@gmail.com. (We're adopting from Rwanda through AWAA too)

    hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by your site for the first time- we are also adopting a baby from Rwanda and watned to say CONGRATULATIONS! we think you absolutly must keeep his name Moses! what an awesome testimony! God Bless, Jen bill and EMilia Cropf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I got goosebumps reading your post -- especially about his name being Moses! What amazing things the Lord has in store for this little boy -- and for the wonderful family God has entrusted him to. I am sooooo happy and excited for you guys.

    If you can send a picture via email, my email address is cheri.white71@gmail.com

    We serve and AWESOME GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Moses! This is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi! I was just thinking about you guys the other day and wondering how the adoption process was progressing when I stumbled across your site. Isn't it amazing how clearly and literally Jesus speaks to children? I know he does the same for us "big people" but we forget how to listen like that. I'm so excited to meet Moses. Much love from Pittsburg.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I love how God places truth in the hearts of our children like he did with Asia. Rejoicing with you and looking forward to the day he is yours and we can see pictures of your new family!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete