Monday, June 7, 2010

Moses Turns 2



Well, Mr. Moses, you are finally 2! And what a special day May 27th was! Last year, on your 1st birthday, we had no idea who you were. In fact, you weren't even in the orphanage in Kigali yet (the only orphanage approved for adoption at the time), but you were farther north at a facility in Kibuye. Rwanda had just given us their approval to adopt and we were waiting...and waiting...and waiting to find out who you were. Since we couldn't be with you on your last birthday, I wanted to make sure this one was extra special. I thought the picture above captured it all perfectly; you are fascinated with tractors but nothing can be compared to the way music mesmerizes you. So while your cake was WAY cool, the guitar you got as a present was so much cooler.

Sweet Baboo, how can I even begin to tell you how much I love you? You are my son in every way, conceived and carried in my heart, and now I get to hold you in my arms. You are a living picture of God's faithfulness to me. Daddy and I cannot imagine life without you. Your sweet spirit is such a gift, and the way you pick up on new things so quickly still amazes me. We are so proud of how far you have come and we can't wait to see what God has in store for you.

3 comments:

  1. This Grandma is so thankful that God has let me see, hold, kiss & play with the little boy that has been in my heart for so long. Everyone is blessed by Moses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Birthday, Moses!

    And that tractor cake totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete