Thursday, August 27, 2009

Launch Date - Sept. 3rd

We are leaving for Rwanda on Sept. 3rd! One week from today! Oh my...I'm dreading that this week might be the slowest of my life. All the suitcases for the orphanage are packed. I could not believe how much stuff we were able to fit in! Thank you, everyone for the abundance of donations! If you'd still like to contribute, we'll be taking a money donation to buy some much needed items in-country.

We are traveling with the Higgins family and the Himes family who are adopting from our agency, both of whom are adopting two children each. (Check out their blogs at http://higginsadoption.blogspot.com and http://lifechange.typepad.com/lifechange/). I'm so glad we get to travel as a group. Not only does it help defray some of the costs, but we get to be support for one another as well. We are actually leaving a few days earlier than the rest of the group, for no particular reason, mostly just because we could. :) We will arrive in Kigali on the 5th, with the rest of the group arriving on the 7th. We can't go to the orphanage any sooner but are looking forward to spending a little extra time in Rwanda (I mean really, how often do we go to Africa?).

Please pray for us that everything will continue to fall into place and that this week will go by fast!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi this trip will be such an amazing time for you and Justin. We will be praying for your travel safety, for Moses' transition into your family, and for all your family! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be praying and giving your girls extra hugs while you're gone. This week will fly by. How fun -- just like Christmas! Except you'll be the ones traveling internationally while Santa stays home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! If your week is crawling along too slowly, I have some questions for you, but if you are too busy, contact me when you get a chance after every one is settled back in. If you send me a message through facebook, I'll send you my email address. THANKS!

    And you are right, he is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete