Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To My Asia Renee...



Dear Asia,
It's hard to believe that you came into our lives 5 years ago yesterday. You were so tiny at 6 lbs. 2 oz., but you were such a fighter! While you were being born, you were having some trouble and the doctor was concerned that you might not be feeling very good when you were born. She told me that I might not get to hold you for awhile because they would need to help you breath, but you screamed so loudly that the doctor laughed and said, "There's nothing wrong with her!" You're still not afraid of making your opinions heard!

You cried when the nurses were cleaning and measuring you, so Daddy went over to the table to see if he could help. As soon as you heard his voice, you stopped crying. When he could pick you up, you reached for his face and felt his beard, like you were saying, "So this is who's been talking to me these past nine months!"

What a wonderful, amazing day December 7, 2004 was! You have changed my life forever, Asia Renee. I am so thankful that God has let me be your Mommy.

Have I told you all the things I love about you?
I love ...
- Your curiousity and sharp mind. I'm pretty sure you can learn anything!

- The way you say words like, hostibal (hospital), bisgetti (spaghetti), chapskips (chapstick), efelant (elephant), renember (remember), and batatoes (potatoes). The other day at dinner we were having something with potatoes in it, and your little sister Trina said, "I don't like tomatoes!" and you said, "Not tomatoes, BAtatoes!" So funny!

- Your love for your sister and brother. You are such a good helper! What I am I going to do when you go to kindergarten next year?

- Your laugh! It is so infectious! Nobody can stay serious when you are laughing!

- Your sense of fashion. I love the outfits that you come up with! Grandma Dixie would say that you come by it naturally, and would point out all the pictures of Mommy wearing skirts and moon boots. In my opinion, the Limmer girls are stylish people.

- Your heart of worship. Don't ever stop making up songs to Jesus. He loves it and so do I.

Daddy and I love you so much, and I know that this year is going to bring so many good things to your life. Happy Birthday, Love!

2 comments:

  1. I had planned to give her a big bear hug when I saw her last night, and I totally forgot! I'll have to get her Sunday. :) I love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet note to your precious daughter, Heidi! It made me cry....as I am prone to do these days.:)

    ReplyDelete